APPLICATION FOR Drainlayer Permit
You have some form errors. Please check below.
Your form validation is successful!
  • All applicable permit fees and deposits will be due before permits are approved. Fees and deposits can be made online through Unibank or by check, payable to “Town of Milton”.
  • All permits, excluding only repairs to existing water and sewer services, require a plan and/or narrative of the proposed work be submitted with completed application for review and approval. Plans for NEW CONNECTIONS must be stamped by a MA Registered Professional Engineer.
  • All permits should be completed with all the required information, including but not limited to: Dig Safe number, Contractor’s signature and operator information and trench locations.
  • For new houses - All DPW permit fees and deposits must be paid in full prior to issuance of a house number by Engineering. Upon receipt of all the fees, a house number will be issued to the applicant for the purposes of obtaining building permits with the Inspection Department.
  • Permits will be reviewed only AFTER required information is provided and fees have been paid.
  • For all NEW services (water, sewer, and drain), engineered drawings will be required, stamped by a MA Professional Engineer. Drawings will NOT be required for water service relays (in place). Proper drawings showing dimensions, elevations, slopes, materials used, and/or any other pertinent information will be required for all other work, including repairs.
  • Once a permit is approved, the contractor will be notified via email, and he/she may schedule an inspection date and time.
  • All Inspections MUST be scheduled through email:
  • Inspections MUST be scheduled 72 business hours in advance of work, barring emergency.
  • ALL permits will be considered EXPIRED 30 days after their original approval date. A new permit and application fee will be required.
Select date